Lutheran Women in Mission (LWML) 

LWML Mission Statement 

As Lutheran Women in Mission, we joyfully proclaim Christ, support missions, and equip women to honor God by serving others. Serve the LORD with gladness!  (Psalm 100:2).

Our Goals

  • That each woman recognizes she is the Heart of LWML, created to praise His name, reflect His glory, and share His love. 
  • That our church understands the Heart of LWML lies within each woman as she engages in mission education, mission inspiration, mission service, and mission support.
  • That each woman of the LCMS embraces her role as a Lutheran Woman in Mission.

Small Group Circle Meetings

Bethlehem LWML consists of 3 Circles that meet the first week of each month (except July & August) in the Church Parlor or in a member home, depending on the choice of the hostess. Meetings include time for devotions, Bible study, LWML business and fellowship. A voluntary offering is taken and mites are gathered to help with local, zone, district and national mission projects. In 2022 Ruth Circle merged with Dorcas Circle due to declining membership.

  • Sarah Circle meets the first Monday of the month at 1:00 PM in the Church Parlor
  • Miriam Circle meets the first Monday of the month at 1:00 PM at member choice
  • Dorcas Circle meets the first Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at member choice

Large Group All Circle Meetings

All Circles meets together quarterly the second Monday in September & June at 6:30 PM and the second Sunday of December and March at Noon in the Parish Hall.  Meetings include time for inspiration, Christian growth, and conducting the society’s business to reach out to others through local, zone, district, and national projects. Bethlehem Lutheran Missionary League is also a member of the St. Ansgar Zone, Iowa District East LWML, and National LWML.

Mite Mission Fund

Mite box contributions amount to millions of dollars that fund district and national mission projects.  75% of all money donated remains in the Iowa District East with the remaining 25% funding our national mission projects.

Bethlehem LWML Missions

  • Circles share monthly responsibilities which include visiting or sending cards to our ill and shut-in members and donating supplies to Sunbeam Preschool and Childcare. 
  • Donations of quilts, school supplies and hygiene kits for Orphan Grain Train are collected twice a year and brought to the St. Ansgar Zone Spring & Fall Rally.
  • Fundraising events such as serving Advent & Lent Meals support local missions of our member’s choice. 
  • In 2022 we began serving “Munchies for Mites” food items during the Bethlehem education hour to support Mites.

We welcome and invite the women of Bethlehem to join us as we study His Word, serve His people and give to missions.

Contents © 2023 Bethlehem Lutheran Church • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy